Connect Your Accounts
Avoid getting overdrawn and increase the flexibility of your funds with our overdraft protection service.
Simply put, overdraft protection is a link between your Tri City checking account and your Tri City savings account. If your checking account becomes overdrawn — dropping below a zero balance — and your savings account has sufficient available funds to cover the difference, the amount of the overdraft will automatically be transferred from your savings into your checking account. There is a $10 fee per transfer.
To sign up for overdraft protection, stop by any of our convenient locations to complete an application.
What You Need to Know about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it anyway. We can cover your overdrafts in different ways:
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a Savings account, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans, such as a link to a line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. To learn more, ask us about these plans.
- This notice explains our standard overdraft practices.
Sign up in Person
Browse Checking Accounts
Browse Savings Accounts
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number
- Automatic bill payments
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to (see below):
- ATM transactions
- Everyday debit card transactions
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction.
If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if Tri City National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of $35.00 each time we pay an overdraft.
- We will charge you a continuous overdraft fee of $25.00 every sixth (6th) business day your account remains overdrawn.
- There is no limit on the total continuous overdraft fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account.
- There is a limit of four (4) $35 Overdraft and NSF Return Item fees we can charge you for overdrawing your account per business day.
What if I want Tri City National Bank to authorize and pay overdrafts on my ATM and everyday debit card transactions?
If you also want us to authorize and pay overdrafts on ATM and everyday debit card transactions:
- Call us at 888-874-2489.
- Click here for the Overdraft Services Consent Form. Complete the last section of the form and present it at any of our locations.
- Or mail the form to:
Tri City Operations Department
PO Box 44017
West Allis, WI 53214
You have the right to revoke your consent at any time.